The Pixie Behind This Pixie Creates
Hello and welcome to all of my fellow crocheters! I hope you find lots of projects and patterns here to inspire you. My name is Dayna, and I am so excited to have you here!
A little about me:
Ever since I was little, I’ve loved making things. My dad would encourage me to try a new craft every year on my birthday, by getting me all the supplies I would need. I went from painting, to drawing, to rug hooking, to scrap booking, and back to painting, before I found crochet. I picked up a hook in 2016, and although I gave up a few times, I haven’t put it down since. While I love all things crochet, I am a born crafter. Anything crafty interests me, and I have this innate desire to try everything at least once. This year (2019), I started refurbishing old furniture and giving it a new life; I tried my hand at resin crafts; and I got more passionate about thrifting.
I graduated from Brock University with a degree in Mathematics and Education in 2017. My goal in life was to be a high school math teacher who inspired students to find their passion in life. I have been an occasional teacher (a.k.a substitute) for the public school board for the past two years, where I’ve filled in for teachers on medical and maternity leave. While I really like teaching in a school setting, I realized it isn’t my passion. Hence, the beginning of This Pixie Creates. This blog is a way for me to combine my love of teaching, with my passion for creating. I love being able to share my making process, so you can try similar projects on your own.
- I am a 26-year old Canadian, living in Ontario.
- I married the most wonderful man in February of 2020.
- I am a work-in-progress (my very own crochet #WIP)
- I say, “sorry,” way too much.
- I am exactly 60 inches tall.
- I play Nancy Drew computer games (“It’s locked!”).
- I love a good math joke; the cornier, the better.
- I am addicted to yarn; collecting yarn is it’s own hobby, right?
- Exclamation marks are my favourite type of punctuation mark!
- My family and friends are the most important people in my life.
- I appreciate every comment, like, and share that I receive.
- I love you all! Thank you for being here.