Hi guys! In this post, you’ll learn how to crochet the Be My Sunshine Crochet Face Pad. This face pad uses the double crochet and front-post double crochet stitch to create a beautiful sunburst design. Whether you use one colour or more, your face pad is going to turn out amazing.
You can find the free written pattern for the Be My Sunshine Face Pad, along with the video tutorial below. I hope you have fun making your face pads!
This face pad is part of the Three’s Company Face Pad set, which features the Polka Dot, Be My Sunshine, and Flower Power Face Pad. These beauties were designed to be a fun way to learn some new stitches and techniques, and challenge yourself on a smaller scale.
You can find the free patterns for each face pad linked above, or the ad-free printable PDF here. The PDF includes written instructions, step-by-step pictures, and video tutorial links for all 3 face pads.
Feel free to share your progress and finished makes in our TPC Crochet Community Group on Facebook. If you have any questions, we’re happy to help!
- 4.0mm crochet hook
- Yarn Needle
- Approximately 20 yards of any medium 4 worsted weight cotton yarn per pad
- Knit Picks Dishie Yarn, Weight 4 Medium Worsted Yarn (100% Cotton, 190 yd / 174 m, 3.5 oz / 100 g)
- (From left to right): Kenai, Begonia, Conch, Blush, and Honey Dew
- Combination #1: Rnds 1 – 2: Kenai; Rnd 3: Mint; Rnd 4: Navy
- Combination #2: Rnds 1 – 2: Mint; Rnd 3: Navy; Rnd 4: Kenai
- Combination #3: Rnds 1 – 2: Navy; Rnd 3: Kenai; Rnd 4: Mint
I chose to use Dishie yarn for my face pads, but you can use any cotton yarn as a substitute. Cotton yarn is recommended because it is soft, durable and absorbent.
Care and Washing Instructions:
- Before cutting off the yarn tails, PLEASE weave in your ends. The Magic Ring is not secure on its own because it is not made with a knot. To secure this end, pull it tight to close the magic ring, weave it through a few stitches, making one or two knots as you weave. By weaving in your ends securely, you can ensure that your facial pads will hold up over time, and won’t unravel in the wash.
- Wash face pads with your towels and sheets in warm water.
- Use the delicate cycle.
- Lay flat and let them air dry.
Pin this Crochet Face Pad for Later – Here!
Pinning this pattern really makes a difference because it helps the pattern get seen by other crocheters. Thank you for taking the time to pin this pattern, and get it circulating!
Below, you’ll find the complete video tutorial for the Be My Sunshine Face Pad. If you prefer to read the pattern, continue scrolling down for the written pattern.
Gauge / Pattern Measurements:
Each face scrubbie measures approx. 3.9 – 4″ in diameter.
- MR – magic ring
- Ch – chain
- Sp – space
- Sl st – slip stitch
- Sc – single crochet
- Hdc – half double crochet
- Dc – double crochet
- Fpdc – front-post double crochet
- Rnd – round
- YO – yarn over
Front Post Double Crochet Stitch Tutorial (Fpdc):
The front post double crochet is worked AROUND a stitch, instead of through the front and back loops of a stitch.
- YO and insert hook from front to back to front around the post of the indicated st. (Pictures 1 & 2)
- YO and draw up a loop – you should have 3 loops on the hook. (Pictures 3 & 4)
- [YO and pull through 2 loops] 2 times. (Pictures 4, 5 & 6)
- Do not turn at the end of each rnd.
- The beginning ch of each rnd does not count as a st.
- If you are making this in a single colour, please ignore the colour changes.
- To change colour at the end of the rnd, complete the final YO of the sl st join with the new colour. There is a photo tutorial of this method here!
With Colour A, make a MR.
Rnd 1: Ch 2, 12 dc in MR. Join with a sl st. <12 dc>
Rnd 2: Ch 2, [dc in st, fpdc around same st] 12 times. Join with a sl st. <12 dc, 12 fpdc>
Rnd 3: With Colour B, ch 2, [dc in first st, fpdc around same st, dc in next st] 12 times. Join with a sl st. <24 dc, 12 fpdc>
Note: The (2 hdc) are always worked into the fpdc sts of Rnd 3.
Rnd 4: With Colour C, ch 1, 1 hdc in first st, [2 hdc in next st, 1 hdc in next 2 sts] 11 times, 2 hdc in next st, 1 hdc in last st. Join with a sl st. <48 hdc>
Rnd 5: Sl st in each st around. Finish the rnd with a sl st in the back loop of the first hdc st of Rnd 4. <48 sl st>
Fasten off and weave in ends!
If you have any questions about the pattern, please send me an e-mail through my contact page. I am happy to help!
Other Crochet Patterns You’ll Love:
Congratulations! You just made your first Be My Sunshine Face Pad! Whether you keep these for yourself, gift them, or donate them, I hope you enjoyed making these face pads!
Disclaimer: You are welcome to sell items that you’ve made from this pattern; however, you are not allowed to use my pictures or sell my pattern as your own (Copyright @ ThisPixieCreates).
I hope you have a great day!