Hi guys! In this post, you’ll learn how to crochet the Polka Dot Face Pad. This reusable cotton face pad uses a few different stitches – single crochet, half double crochet, double crochet, and puff stitch – to create a fun bobble design. Whether you keep these for yourself, gift them, or donate them, I hope you enjoy making these crochet face pads!
You can find the free written pattern for the Polka Dot Face Pad below, along with the complete video tutorial.
The materials and yarn section contains affiliate links that support the content on ThisPixieCreates. If you make a purchase through one of my affiliate links, I may receive a small commission, at no cost to you. Thank you so much for your support! Find more information about affiliate links, as well as my Privacy & Disclosures Policy here.
- 4.0mm crochet hook
- Yarn Needle
- Approximately 20 yards of any medium 4 worsted weight cotton yarn per pad
- Knit Picks Dishie Yarn, Weight 4 Medium Worsted Yarn (100% Cotton, 190 yd / 174 m, 3.5 oz / 100 g)
- Colours Used: Blush, Conch, Begonia, and Kenai
I chose to use Dishie yarn for my crochet face scrubbies, but you can use any cotton yarn as a substitute. Cotton yarn is recommended because it is soft, durable and absorbent.
Care and Washing Instructions:
- Before cutting off the yarn tails, PLEASE weave in your ends. The Magic Ring is not secure on its own because it is not made with a knot. To secure this end, pull it tight to close the magic ring, weave it through a few stitches, making one or two knots as you weave. By weaving in your ends securely, you can ensure that your facial pads will hold up over time, and won’t unravel in the wash.
- Wash your reusable cotton face pads with your towels and sheets in warm water.
- Use the delicate cycle.
- Lay flat and let them air dry.
Pin these Crochet Face Pads for Later – Here!
Pinning this pattern really makes a difference because it helps the pattern get seen by other crocheters. Thank you for taking the time to pin this pattern, and get it circulating!
The Ad-free Printable PDF is a beautifully formatted PDF that includes step-by-step pictures, video tutorial links, and instructions for all 3 crochet face pads in the Three’s Company Face Pad Set. It’s ready to print and use!
Gauge / Pattern Measurements:
Each face scrubbie measures approx. 3.9 – 4″ in diameter.
Abbreviations (US Terms):
- MR – magic ring
- Ch – chain
- Sp – space
- Sl st – slip stitch
- Sc – single crochet
- Hdc – half double crochet
- Dc – double crochet
- Ps – puff stitch
- Rnd – round
Puff Stitch – Complete Photo Tutorial:
- YO, and insert the hook in the st.
- YO and draw up a loop – there should be 3 loops on the hook.
- Repeat Step 2, two more times in the same stitch – there should be 7 loops on the hook.
- YO and pull through the first 6 loops on the hook – there should be 2 loops remaining on the hook.
- YO and pull through the last 2 loops to close the st.
*If you’d like to see a photo tutorial of the puff stitch, you can find it here!
Below, you’ll find the complete video tutorial for the Polka Dot Face Pad. If you prefer to read the pattern, continue scrolling down for the written pattern.
- The beginning ch of each rnd does not count as a st.
Make a MR.
Rnd 1: Ch 2, 12 dc in MR. Join with a sl st. <12 dc>
Rnd 2: Ch 2, 2 dc in each st around. Join with a sl st. Turn. <24 dc>
Make sure to turn your work before starting Rnd 3.
Rnd 3: Ch 1, [2 sc in first st, Ps in next st] 12 times. Join with a sl st. Turn. <24 sc, 12 Ps>
Make sure to turn your work before starting Rnd 4.
Rnd 4: Ch 1, 1 hdc in first st, [2 hdc in Ps, 1 hdc in next 2 sts] 11 times, 2 hdc in Ps, 1 hdc in last st. Join with a sl st. <48 hdc>
Rnd 5: Sl st in each st around. Finish the rnd with a sl st in the back loop of the first hdc st of Rnd 4. <48 sl st>
Fasten off and weave in ends!
Your first Polka Dot Face Pad is complete – congratulations!
If you’d like to make more crochet face pads, or other crochet home decor items with your cotton yarn, explore some patterns by clicking on the button below.
Disclaimer: You are welcome to sell items that you’ve made from this pattern; however, you are not allowed to use my pictures or sell my pattern as your own (Copyright @ ThisPixieCreates).
I hope you have a wonderful day, and get some time to be creative!